Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Fabulous and One

Matilyn turned one. I secretly hoped the day would never come and as we woke her up singing Happy Birthday that morning, I didn't make it passed the first 2 words (Happy Birthday for those doing the math) before I began sobbing (fortunately for me, Matt has it on videotape). And it was a very happy birthday filled with close friends and family. We celebrated with pink and leopard, including the cake (I made it...and I will NEVER do that again), Matilyn's outfit, balloons, etc. I was quite proud of the decorations, I must add....so proud it never occurred to me to take pictures of them. This party is particurally special because Matilyn also shares a birthday with her GreatGrandmother (which occurred naturally) and thus Mamaw was there to celebrate her 93rd birthday as well. There are millions of pictures below of Matilyn with her smash cake. We kept taking them and taking them waiting for her to "dig in and get dirty", but in never reall happened. I guess she's just like her momma and doesn't really like a mess. It really did turn out to be a FABULOUS first birthday, and although probably not memorable to Matilyn right now...these memories I will never forget.

2 comments:

Melodie said...

so sad we missed the party. surprisingly, she was a very neat eater. fun day!

Anonymous said...

Looks like she had a fun b-day. The cake is super cute. You did a great job :-)