Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Drum Roll Please!

Matilyn (we believe) is saying her first word. And as her Speech Pathologist Mommy, I could not be more proud. And I want to personally thank the 20 of you, who so graciously took the 1 second out of your day to vote in the top left hand corner of my blog screen...and to the other 100 of you who read our blog...shame on you for not noticing. The polls will be closed soon, well as soon as I figure out how to remove that square from my screen, so don't bother at this point. So enough of the babble. I know you are dying to know what her first word is. Well, don't be disappointed to know that you did not win if you voted for daddy. Because, you did not win if you voted for mommy of gig'em either. Unfortunately, no one will be enjoying the 7 night, 8 day cruise to the Bahama's. No...her first word was a very unexpected one. Well, I'll let you see for yourself...
Check out this video: "duck"



Add to My Profile | More Videos
Now I do understand that some of you may be a tad bit sceptical; however, let me reassure you (from a trained, but perhaps a little biased professional) that what you did hear was indeed "duck". For possibly a week now, she has been consistently responding with "duck" when given that toy. So mark this one down in the history books...at 8 and 3/4 months Matilyn says her first word.

No comments: