Thursday, May 15, 2008

Zoo Part 2

Matilyn and I went to the Tyler Zoo with her cousins Ian and Cameron and aunt Stacy. We had a really good time, in fact it was a MUCH better time than the Dallas Zoo. The Dallas Zoo, I really felt, was a downer. It was extremely crowded and what were all those people there to see? The one giraffe, and elephant. And the highlight of the trip is when you come to the lion cage and find out from the sign "dedicated in memory of ..." that he died 8 months ago and they haven't even replaced him yet. So now I will "plug" the Tyler Zoo. They have 4 giraffes and several elephants. There was a lion and 3 lioness. AND they had white tigers...not 1, but 2 white tigers! And if you went back when I was a kid, you got to see ALL of that AND it was free. It is now 8.50, but well worth it. So I'm sorry to hate all over the Dallas Zoo, but in this very large city the least they could do is replace the lion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you could enjoy the Tyler zoo. What rip on the Dallas one. The OKC zoo is pretty fab if I do say so myself. I'm bummed though b/c the elephants are Colin's fave and they are leaving to go to the Tulsa zoo for 2 years to hopefully return w/babies. I guess that'll be worth the wait.