I am quite the parrot. I always have been, but my imitation skills have really been perfected. One word has just gotten two easy! So I now challenge myself with 2 word and sometimes even 3-4 word sentences! My vocabulary is too numerous to tell, but some of my sweetest sayings are "ho ju" (hold you), and "pweese" (please). Speaking of perfection, I am quite the perfectionist. Wonder whose gene that came from? Anyway, I enjoy cleaning. Anything really. Picking up toys or "kene up" (clean up), unloading the dishwasher, and putting away laundry are among my favorites. I especially like to find little flakes of dirt and bring them to mommy in which I say "twash" (trash). Just one of the ways I like to pull my load around here! I don't like to get my hands or feet dirty either. In fact, should the occasional messy task arise I am quick to point out the imperfection of "derwty" (dirty).
I have a best friend too! She's been my best friend for along while now. And when mommy asked one time "whose your best friend?" (not expecting a response, as I never practiced this one) I simply answered "Ada". I know so many things that would surprise you. One of my favorite things to do is read.


I have learned so many animals and the sounds they make. I consistently point out colors red and yellow correctly. I can put together simple puzzles and have been doing the shape sorter without error for some months now. I realized the other day that I like to slide. This was quite a triumph as it had always been quite scary before. I like to dance too. I began spinning a few weeks ago to add to my repertoire. When I dance though, I'm careful to watch mommy and daddy model the moves for me so that I can repeat them to perfection.
One of my other favorites remains to be the tag that is attached to my "buppy". That's my pet name for my blanket. I like to place one end of my buppy in my mouth while I use the tag to tickle my toes. I believe this was a little concerning to Mommy at first, but I don't think it's weird at all!


So as you can see, I have been very busy since my last update. It's hard to believe I will be turning two in a few months. These have been some of the best years of my life! Until next time...all my love, Matilyn


3 comments:
Hi Friend!! We miss you and I love reading about your little miss.
you're getting so big Miss Matilyn!
Yea Little miss Matilyn!! Such a big girl (really tiny girl, but big getting older). We miss you!!
Post a Comment