Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Weekend of Mother's Day

We spent last weekend in Tyler with the Curtis' to celebrate my second Mother's Day. We always have the best time in Tyler with CeCe and Gramps and this time was no exception. After a delicious breakfast at Hollytree we headed for Brookshire's Wildlife Museum. The Brookshire's family own a grocery chain throughout the state of Texas, and Mama and Papa Brookshire were apparently large game hunters, who found a way to proudly display their prizes. Thus, the Wildlife Museum was born. Matilyn really enjoyed being able to get close to the animals without the fear of being eaten!






After all this fun and excitment we headed to the lake. This is the first year Matilyn could walk on the dock, which brought about a whole new set of fears for me. I can't escape the thought of her tripping, rolling and being hurled in to the murky water, and swallowed never to be seen again. Horrible I know, but I replay this image with every step she takes. Our solution is only small consolation; however, she does look pretty stylish with those glasses on. Don't you think?




No comments: