Sunday, June 1, 2008

Hello to all our readers. I know, once again, it has been a while. But please understand that I just don'e have the time to blog the way I ust to. I mean with all the playdates, trips to the pool, wedding planning, beach get-a-ways, anniversary weekends, trips to the lake, etc...the Curtises enjoy a VERY packed schedule. So below are a few updates in the order in which they occured. I have also titled each event accordingly.


5 YEARS AND COUNTING
Yes...it's hard to believe that Matt and I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary on May 17th. Now I know this comes as a small mole hill to those who are celebrating 30, even 60 years as husband and wife. But in a world where marriage is as temporary as a pair of socks, I am so thankful to have a dedicated husband. And we celebrated in style none-the-less. Matt planned an extravagant evening beginning with dinner at Ruth's Chris, and they don't lie about their steak melting in your mouth! It was FABULOUS and a hard act to follow, but we ventured on to see Ring of Fire, a tribute to Johnny Cash. And best of all, we spent our first night away from Matilyn (wait is best-of-all a little harsh!?), but it was REALLY nice. We stayed downtown at the Hyatt Regency (the ball tower) and got to sleep in...woohoo! All in all, the past 5 years have been a blessing. I couldn't ask for more.





Our First Trip to the Pool
Wait does this count?
We and the neighbors decided it was time for a little summer fun, so we took a trip to the pool. And as ridiculous as it looks, Matilyn had a lot of fun splashing around in the water; however, this pool was short lived, because the neighborhood pool opend the same day. And by the way we have the BEST neigborhood pool I have ever seen. It has a great beach area, where the water is only about 4 inches deep, which allows me to set Matilyn down safely to splash to her hearts desire. Here's Matilyn and here friend Ada about to head down to the pool.
We make a trip daily, unfortunately the camera has not tagged along. I'll see what I can do about that.


And thus, just a small snipit from the busy life we lead. So stay tuned...pictures of our beach trip coming soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We need some pool pics! If you're scared to take the digi. just pick up a waterproof disposable and be sure to get a cd when you get your prints. I think that's what I'm going to do b/c we went to our neighborhood pool and I didn't take the camera either. Partly afraid of it getting damaged from the water or the other kids.