
Independence. Until yesterday Matilyn could not hold her bottle on her own. Wait...let me rephrase that...WOULD NOT hold a bottle on her own. In fact, she blatantly refused. Some how I was able to finagle her into holding her own bottle and required proof to show Matt that this miracle could be done.

Matilyn is not crawling...Yes, you heard me right. Go ahead and gasp. And I would put not crawling 'yet',but I don't believe it is going to happen. And i have come to terms with it. She prefers to achieve her desired goals via the scoot, which is pretty cute; however, I am more of a traditional kind of gal and would have liked for her to use more of a traditional type method. As I mope in pity that my child does not meet "the norm" I must find the positive side of her mobility, so I will list them out so that I can count them up.
1. At this point, she is still pretty content to play in one place, so I am really not having to keep her out of things.
2. She's not really that fast. Less chasing.
3. When asked this past Sunday by the nursery workers if she was crawling yet, my reply was no. Thus, she was able to stay in the "baby" class and not the "crawlers" class and I enjoyed the feeling of still having a baby. What? I didn't lie...she's not crawling!
Hmmm...it seemed like there where more in my head. Not really as satisfying as I thought it would be.
Now don't you think I didn't try to help her crawl. In a very strong attempt last week we worked on crawling and then sitting up from a crawl instead of burying her head on the floor and crying. She immediately learned to sit-up. GREAT! More independence! There in lies only one problem...getting down. Now when you put her in bed for a nap she sits up, but can't lay back down. I vowed that this was something she needed to learn on her own and therefore, have not been going in to lay her back down. I found her asleep on her bumper pads like this...

I don't know whether to laugh in humor or cry in pity.This last picture I just think is cute.


2 comments:
cute cute pictures! it's about time.
The falling asleep on the bumper has to be the saddest thing that I have ever seen but so cute!!! Larkin can't seem to get herself to lay down when she sits up in her sleep...maybe they are disoriented!!! Love the pictures!
Post a Comment