Monday, June 16, 2008

OUWCH! that hurt.

My friends tell me I have now been officially inducted as a mother, now that my child has experienced her first trip to the hospital. It's taken me almost a week now to somewhat "smile" at that comment.

Last Wednesday Matilyn and I were invited to a playdate at a friends pool. Sounded like fun, but little did I know it would turn into a disaster. As I sat poolside feeding Matilyn, who was sitting above me in a patio chair, I thought "where am I going to put you when it's time for me to eat". As quickly as I thought it, that thought was gone, because I turned my back for one second....



...and thus the result.

I am so thankful I was surrounded with friends who got ice, called the dr., and got us one the way to the hospital, because all I could think was "TBI! (traumatic brain injury)TBI! TBI!, I just gave my daughter a TBI".

The CT scan revealed no damage and Matilyn was acting herself again an hour later. Praise God! That was a close one, and believe me I think it hurt me WAY more than it hurt Matilyn.

2 comments:

Kim G. said...

Poor thing!! It sounds to me like you handled the situation very well though!! I love her outfit for your sisters wedding!

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. Colin has had many an injury to the head but a really bad one at Chick-fil-A. Luckily I was w/my girlfriend whose husband is an ER Doctor so she called him and he talked us through the signs. It turned out fine but it was traumatic for all of us.