Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Half-Year Birthday to ME!!

I am so excited to be celebrating my HALF-YEAR BIRTHDAY and what a half-year it has been. I have accomplished so many things in just six short months. I am so proud to say that I am rolling over very well now and I use that as modality to achieve what I want. I have very busy hands and sometimes they even keep me awake at night. I think as a result, my hand-eye coordination has improved tremenously and I have become excellent at taking things in-and-out of my mouth. I am showing signs of sitting up very soon, but until that happens I am doing quite well propped.

I have learned that the world and things around me only exsist to entertain me. I have learned that I have likes and dislikes and I will list a few of those now for your future reference. I like to look at everything but I particurally like to look at shiny things, myself in the mirror, the t.v. and Lola my puppy. I like to read books and have developed quite an attention span to reading many in a row. I like to roll from my back to my front, but NOT from my front to my back. I like my ducky, my 'Yertle', my Bumbo seat (but only for a little while). I like my passy all the time, but I don't like it when my hands pull it out of my mouth. I like to hear my own voice and play with it often. I like it when my mommy sings to me. I like to laugh, and find my self doing so when Lola barks, when bouncing on my mommy's knees and when daddy makes funny noises. I like to play bumpskopf (description and video at a later date). I like my nursery, rocking chair, swing and sling. I like bathtime and splashing in the water. I like to snuggle, but only sometimes. I like to play and sit outside, but I don't like it when the wind blows in my face. I like my bottle and I REALLY like cereal. I like my mommy and daddy and I like you too, if you don't get to close.

I am growing too and have come a very long way from 5 lbs. 14 oz, premie clothes and a seat positioner in my car seat. I am now around 13 lbs. and have graduated to clothing for babies 3-6 months. I don't have any teeth yet, but I am drooling a lot.

I am so happy to be celebrating my half-year birthday and I look forward to all the things to come over the next six months.

Matilyn

No comments: