Friday, February 29, 2008

TGIF

Today was a good day. It began with the regular household duties of cleaning. However, particularly exciting was the fact that Matilyn took a 2 hour morning nap, which allowed me the ability to complete the job. I then received a call that some of the mom's from my Mom's group were having a play date at the park at noon. I quickly took a shower and the neighbor and I loaded up the car with babies and headed to meet Dave (Brenda's husband) for the BEST hamburger ever! We then made our way to the park for social hour (since obviously Matilyn is not running for the jungle gym). After returning home we did what most mom's do around the mid-afternoon hour, watched Dr. Phil and Oprah. At 4pm Matt got home, and played a game of peek-a-boo with Matilyn to which this is the first time she had ever responded by laughing (I must note she did not respond in the same manner to me). We ended the evening by enjoying a dinner at Campuzano's with our new friends who we met thought a mutual friend that was in our parenting class. Matilyn fell asleep this evening without a peep and that put the icing on the cake.

No comments: