So this morning has been fun. Matilyn has been quite the fussy-gussy. And drooling, Matt and I noticed last night. I wonder to myself could she be beginning to teethe? Matt's mom commented the other day that the Curtis babies are early teethers, but at 2 months? Come on! Of course I can't rule it out- so I looked it up on the internet and....Nothing! At this point I have no idea if a baby can teeth at two months or not, but I smile a little at the thankfulness that I am not breastfeeding if she is going to have a mouthful of fangs in a couple of weeks.
After my unsuccessful search, I pray that someone has e-mailed me so that I may have some contact with the outside world. (sidenote-it is just those small things...an e-mail, a warm bath with all the doors to the room shut, a large glass of wine...that get me through my day) (sidenote, sidenote...by no means have I turned in to an alcoholic, but I have some how seemed to work that "give me the ability to cope" beverage into my daily routine) So where was I...Ah yes checking my e-mail and there it was-SCORE!!-a chapter of your life. So I sit down with my cup of coffee to start reading (another necessity these days) and she starts crying, again. She just ate, so she can't possibly be hungry again, but i fix another bottle anyway. And yes she is hungry, which is a blessing because now she can suck and I can read. As I'm nearing the end of the paragraph I happen to look down at Matilyn and think to myself...."huh, I wonder how long she's been sucking air....that's gonna catch up with me in an hour or so".
It is then that I decide it's time to "reply" , but Matilyn does not want to be set down so as I sit here holding her with one hand I chicken peck this e-mail to you.
Monday, October 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Katy, I do believe she could be teething. Colin had his first TWO teeth pop through at four months and his next two at six months. I'm pretty sure the process started at least a month earlier. You might give her a teether that you can put in the fridge (not freezer) and see if she likes it. HTH.
p.s. I can relate with the warm bath and beverage.
Post a Comment