To every mom out there, hats off to you and a standing ovation. Being a mom is hard work, wonderful work, but hard. I think too often people don't really understand what a day in the life of a mother really looks like. I did not until I have walked in those shoes. For example our daily agenda consisted of this:
Fed Matilyn
Got half dressed for morning walk
Held Matilyn
Finished dressing and got the stroller ready with passy, phone, keys and Lola
Walked
Got Matilyn dressed, read 6 books, rocked, and played
Put Matilyn down to make bed
Matilyn cried-Held
Took shower
Matilyn cried-Held
Dressed
Matilyn cried-Held
Finished Dressing
Matilyn cried-Held
Did hair while holding Matilyn
Matilyn fell asleep so cleaned kitchen and washed bottles
Ate Lunch
Fed Matilyn and decided to go to Target
Took and hour and a half to prepare to go to Target
Shopped at Target
Unloaded
Fed Matilyn
Began dinner while Matilyn was in the swing watching (this is where things got ugly because Matt came home to find me making his favorite,(you all know what it is) and I didn't want my rue(spelling) to burn and about that time Matilyn began wailing (sounds very similar to a cat in heat) and I could not leave the rue to hold her).
Ate dinner while holding Matilyn
Cleaned kitchen
Bathed Matilyn
Prepared bottles for bedtime
Rocked Matilyn (gas)
Started laundry
Put Matilyn to bed
And now I'm working on my blog. It amazes me that even though I'm staying home all day that I'm still really busy. I think the saying goes "All in a days work".
Wednesday, October 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Oh yeah! I remember that life WELL!! I belive that being a full time working mommy to two is easier than a full time stay at home mommy to one! I have been there, done that and then WENT TO WORK! :-)
Post a Comment