Tuesday, October 2, 2007

From OLD to NEW




We do love our new home. It has so many "features" that our old house did not. Isn't it amazing that what once were luxuries have now become necessities. Say for instance only having 1 full bath, which we did. Can you imagine a family of 5 sharing a bathroom together. How awful would that be. I mean it sometimes grosses me out to take a bath after Matt (don't tell him I said so) much less my 3 grungy kids. And then there is the issue of not having a garage. Every time it rained I could count on my perfect pair of shoes getting soaked, and still having to wear them to work because it did no good to go in the house and change, I still had to run to my car again.

And lets not forget the lousy insulation. My poor visitors. They were forewarned to bundle up before coming over in the winter or they were likely to get frostbite. Now don't get me wrong, our 107 year old home did have it's unbeatable charm, the very reason we were suckered into buying it; but these days there is a lot to be said for carpet that doesn't squeak when you are tiptoeing away from your sleeping baby.

No comments: